Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New to Agriculture?

The Cornell Hort Blog just linked to the new Northeast Beginner Farmers Project website: 
"Do you wonder how other farmers breed pigs, process chickens and transplant seedlings? The new site features a growing selection of videos capturing experienced farmers and their successful production techniques in action. You’ll also find our popular library of video interviews with farmers sharing advice on profitability, choosing an enterprise, evaluating land, and much more."
Looks interesting! I'll definitely check it out more when I have extra time.

In the meantime, back to trying to find a CSA and community garden plots in the MD DC area... Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Depending on where you live, I'm pretty certain that the Cherry Hill Community Garden in College Park have space. I gardened there last year and the plots are big, maybe 35' x 30'. But the water source is only a creek, and you have to construct your own fencing. Take plot #17 - I added lots of leaves, compost, and manure!

    Now I'm working at this farm: http://www.sligocreekfarm.com/, which offers a CSA with pick ups in Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, and Olney. Let me know if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails