Sunday, April 18, 2010

Nut Tree Cultivation

My boss posted an announcement for the spring meeting of the New York Nut Growers meeting next weekend in Delhi (apparently pronounced "Del-High). It sounds pretty interesting - with talks on the science, agronomy and agroforestry of various nut trees (and paw paws!). They'll be giving out nuts samples to eat and to plant. I was planning on going but MapQuest says it's more than 2 hours from here...

At least they have some nice summaries of the cultural requirements of these crops on their website.

Someday I'll have an orchard...


* btw, those paw paw seeds I stuck in my fridge in the fall are now in soil. They had some fungal growth on them and I'm pretty sure they're done for, but you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails